Feature suggestion

Hello,
I would love AB to have a leaderboard feature akin to score decay.
I think, but not sure, it’s common enough to warrant a platform addition and not rely on devs to script extension.

The idea is to have decay options to keep the leaderboard somewhat current.
RIght now, there’s only the option to reset the leaderboard.
Options could be

• Decay % loss per period of time
  • Points earned have a max calendar (= ATP in tennis is like this: the players points are only valid 12 months)
  • ?

Hello @Ploulack

Thanks for the suggestion.

Would your use case be solved if we added an “expire date” to each leaderboard entry for example?

How long does it take for your game to reset the Leaderboard?

We don’t reset currently, we treat it as an ELO-like that we want to be permanent. However, we’d like it to somewhat refresh. Just like Federer is no longer in the tennis ranking.

And yes, having an expiring date to each ‘match league point’ would work for us. It’s one of the options I listed and what I meant with *

Points earned have a max calendar (= ATP in tennis is like this: the players points are only valid 12 months)

So…YES :slight_smile:

Hi AB team,

I have one more suggestion for leaderboards functionality:
That will be good if we could have option to not include default statistic values into leaderboard.

So in my case, I’m allowing users to reset their points, and I don’t want to see default statistic data in existing leaderboard.

Thanks @SirGray

Want to double check if we understand this correctly.

If a user resets their points to 0, currently Leaderboard still shows that users with a value of 0. You would like “hide” that user so the Leaderboard doesn´t show default values. Is that correct?

There is a “manual” workaround that you could do: Check every entry in the list that the Leaderboard provides you, and check if user points <= 0 to not show that entry in your Leaderboard. Not the ideal solution, but it could help to keep your leaderboard clean in the short term while we evalute this feedback.

1 Like

Hello @IvanM,
Yes, exactly, I would like to be able to hide default values in leaderboard.

Sure, I can go with that workaround.