Using TCP (Websocket) port configuration for a fleet

I’m a little confused on how the port configuration works. Our game server needs to listen on a TCP port as it utilizes Websocket for real-time communication between game client and game server. We’re forced to pass the default_port (UDP) on the command line and it cannot be edited via the admin portal far as I can tell. In this example, I’ve wired up the -port param to use my websocket port and the -defaultPort will just be ignored by my application. Is this the correct way to go about this?

I want to piggy back one more related question on this thread, are server images and fleets 1 to 1? In other words, if I upload a new server image can I not modify an existing fleet to use it or do I need to create a new fleet per image?

Hi @njupshot,

Yes, you can do that. In Unreal and Unity, by default, we use the default_port to communicate between client-server.

Fleet and image are different; you can modify your existing fleet, but it will require you to deactivate the fleet. Our recommendation:

1. In production, you can use multiple fleets to support multiple game versions. But this will depends on your cases.
  2. In development, you can use a development fleet to make it easier to manage multiple image versions. You can learn more here: Development Fleet